Love the Forest Grants
Grants are funded by the generous support of our partner businesses & their customers.
For projects to be eligible for funding they must meet one or more of the New Forest Trust charitable objectives:
- Promoting the conservation, protection and improvement of the New Forest
- Promoting the conservation and protection of the commoning livestock, the deer and other flora and fauna of the New Forest
- Promoting the education and understanding of the public in the commoning of livestock, of fauna and flora and the environment of the New Forest
It’s simple to apply
Step 1 – Check that your organisation or project meets our charitable aims above and the ‘Eligibility for funding’ in the section to the right.
Step 2 – Email: email@example.com with a short brief of your project, how it meets the charitable aim(s), an outline of the project costs and amount of grant requested.
YOUR EMAIL WILL BE REVIEWED AND YOU WILL BE
ADVISED OF THE OUTCOME BY OUR CHAIRMAN
Step 3 – If your expression of interest is approved you will then be sent an application form
Step 4 – Your application will be processed by the New Forest National Park Authority who help support the Love the Forest Scheme; you may be contacted by one of their staff. To avoid any delay to your application, it is important that you fully complete the application form.
Step 5 – Your application will be reviewed by the Love the Forest Steering Group and we will endeavour to give you a prompt response.
Step 6 – If you are awarded a grant the funds will be sent via BACS to your account within 10 working days of the groups’ decision.
Eligibility for Funding
- Projects must have a direct benefit to the New Forest and clearly support the objectives of the charity
- Projects should seek to demonstrate best practice i.e. use of local products, responsible use of the forest, demonstrate good value for money
- Grants available from £50 to £5,000 up to 100% of project costs
- Funding can cover more than one financial year
- Any group or organisation can apply, as long as the work is not a statutory obligation
- We do not usually support applications from individuals
- Expenses incurred before the grant agreement is signed cannot be included
Please note that the New Forest National Park Authority administers the Love the Forest grant scheme on our behalf, as such we will share your application with them and you may be contacted by one of their staff.