Love the Forest Grants
Grants are funded by the generous support of our partner businesses & their customers.
You can find a full list of participating businesses at:
Grants are offered to projects which meet one or more of the New Forest Trust charitable objectives:
- Promoting the conservation, protection and improvement of the New Forest
- Promoting the conservation and protection of the commoning livestock, the deer and other flora and fauna of the New Forest
- Promoting the education and understanding of the public in the commoning of livestock, of fauna and flora and the environment of the New Forest
It’s simple to apply
Step 1 – Check that your organisation or project meets our charitable aims above – and then check the “what we can support” and “what we can not support” in the eligibility for funding section to the right.
Step 2 – Email email@example.com with your initial expression of interest. Outline your project and costs and explain why you believe it would be good for the New Forest (you may like to include a brief budget at this stage)
YOUR EMAIL WILL BE REVIEWED AND YOU WILL BE
ADVISED OF THE OUTCOME BY OUR CHAIRMAN
Step 3 – If your expression of interest is taken to application stage, you will be sent an application pack by the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Foundation (who administer the grants on our behalf). The application pack contains an application form and guidance notes.
Your application will need to include: the full set of requested documents, signed terms & conditions and a detailed breakdown of the costs before it can proceed to assessment.
Step 4 – Your application will be processed by the HIWCF Grants team and you may be contacted by one of their Assessors. To avoid any delay to your application, it is important you submit all requested information by the Assessors deadline.
Step 5 – Your application will be reviewed by the Grants Panel and we will endeavour to give you a prompt response.
Step 6 – If you are awarded a grant the funds will be sent via BACS to your account within 10 working days of the panels decision.
Eligibility for funding
We can support:
- Grants from £500 to £10,000
- All groups and organisations, as long as the work is not a statutory obligation
- Funding can cover more than one financial year
We can NOT support:
- Applications from individuals
- Any party political activity
- Commercial ventures
- Active promotion of a specific religion or belief system
- More than 75% of the total costs