Privacy Notice under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Why do we collect and use personal information?
We collect and use information to
- enable, facilitate and administer the activities of the New Forest Trust, including but not limited to the Love the Forest visitor gift scheme, the Love the Forest small grant scheme and Inspirations in Wood
- raise awareness of events, fund raising and other activities and news
- comply with our rules, for example notifying directors of AGMs and other formal communications
The categories of information that we collect and hold include:
- Personal information, such as name, address, email address, telephone number
- Details of personal connection with relevant enterprises and projects
Processing and storing data
Personal information is processed under the legitimate interest of the New Forest Trust
Data is only held for as long as it is reasonable in the circumstances to do so
Data is stored on an excel database and OneDrive, accessible by the New Forest Trust’s administration assistant. Other paper records are securely stored in a locked filing cabinet in the administration assistant’s office
Who do we share information with?
We routinely share information as follows:
- New Forest Trust executives and officers to enable and facilitate the activities of the Trust including, but not limited to, the Love the Forest visitor gift scheme, the Love the Forest small grant scheme and Inspirations in Wood, and fund raising activities
- New Forest Park Authority with whom the Trust administers the Love the Forest visitor gift scheme and the Love the Forest small grant scheme
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information that we hold. To make a request for your personal information we hold about you, contact the New Forest Trust’s administration assistant
You also have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing – we do not use your data for direct marketing.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with the New Forest Trust’s administration assistant in the first instance.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact the Chairman of the New Forest Trust